CP Axtra Public Company Limited (the “Company”) provides services and information and sells products through branches and other channels, as well as providing services through all online and digital channels for providing services and information including product ordering for Makro members in which the Company, as the website owner of www.makro.co.th, www.makro.pro, www.makrohorecaacademy.com, www.โชห่วยไทย.com, and/or other websites to be developed by the Company in the future including other applications and online services of the Company (the “Website”). We are aware of the importance of your personal information and we always respect your privacy rights as our service recipient.
- Methods of collection and collected personal information
- Purposes of collection, use or disclosure of personal information
- Disclosure of personal information
- Sending or transfer of personal information to overseas
- Retention period of personal information
- Your rights
- Updating your personal information
- Security measures of your personal information
- Marketing Information
- Cookies program and technical information
- Redirecting to other parties’ websites
- Contact us
METHODS OF COLLECTION AND COLLECTED PERSONAL INFORMATION
|Method of Collection
|Collected Personal Information
|When you register or apply for membership registration in order to receive services from the Company.
|When you log into our website for ordering products through our website or other online channels.
|When you enter into commercial transactions and make payments. This includes the use of membership card.
|When you have participated in different events of the Company, such as taking photos when receiving prizes or where you participated in other PR events.
|When you subscribe to our advertisement or our marketing news, or participate in any competition, receive discounts or answer surveys.
|When you request for document relating to tax, such as tax invoice.
|Other cases according to security protection system of the Company such as CCTV
|When you contact the Company, our customer service representatives or the customer service representatives which are contracting party of the Company via both online and offline channels.
|When you report any incident to the Company such as in case of lost items, accidents, or illegal acts within the Company’s premises.
The Company will collect your personal information only if you have consented to us. For those who are our existing customers before the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (the “PDPA”) enters into force, we will continue collecting and using your personal information which has been collected by the Company for the original purposes which you allowed us to collect your information. If necessary, the Company may collect your sensitive personal information such as health information, religion, blood type, etc. only with your explicit consent or when permitted by laws.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION, USE OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any collection of your personal information by relevant employees of the Company or other relevant persons or any actions performed on behalf of the Company which is necessary for providing services and management of our website, including the use of personal information for any undertakings may rely on (1) Consent basis (2) Contract (i.e. performance of a contract or taking steps at your request before entering into a contract) (3) Legal obligation basis and (4) Legitimate interest basis by which the purposes of collection, use or disclosure of personal information will be as follows:
- To proceed your request for membership registration, to execute your orders or provide services via website and other channels when you enter into commercial transactions and make payments, this includes the use of membership card, such as payment for products, making refund, product delivery, using your membership card for entering into any transaction with the Company, prize delivery. This includes checking and managing the financial transactions initiated by you for the product payment.
- To manage and improve the service quality in order to provide an appropriate and satisfiable services such as conduct a customer satisfaction survey with the Company’s products and services to enable the Company to improve and develop products and services, marketing research or other marketing survey.
- To conduct a marketing including to inform you about information and offer regarding the Company’s products, services and sale promotions via telephone, SMS, E-mail, post, Makro application, Makro website, Line application, Facebook, Google ads and to assess my purchasing behaviour and service usage as well as my preferences and interests to develop sales and services for the purpose of marketing and sale promotion.
- To contact me at the shop for offering the Company’s products, services and any sale promotion.
- To conduct business planning, reporting and forecasting.
- To perform internal administration, including to verify the Company’s internal IT system.
- To proceed the request relating to tax such as issuing tax invoice, tourist tax refund.
- To use information for preventing any misconduct or fraud, and for complying with the law, including using information for monitoring and investigating the misconduct, fraud and for security measures,
- To monitor security in our buildings or premises including to protect your security via CCTV system, and to undertake in case of any lost belongings, including returning such lost belongings to you.
- To investigate and prepare an incident report in the case where there is any incident occurred and proceed with insurance claim according to the insurance policy.
- To comply with laws, regulations, orders, legal requirements and obligations of the Company, or to report or disclose information to government authorities as required by laws or upon receiving an order or a writ of attachment from police officers, government authorities, courts, or other competent authorities, to undertake detection and investigation under legal procedures and other regulations including to establish, comply or exercise the rights to legal claims or defend against the rights to legal claims.
- To assign rights, obligations and any benefits under a contract between you and the Company, for example, merger or transfer of the contract which has been done legally.
In the case where the personal information collected by the Company as stated above is necessary for the Company’s compliance with applicable laws or performance of contract. If you do not provide us with such necessary personal information, the Company may be subject to legal liabilities; and/or may not be able to provide you with our products and services; and/or may not be able to manage or administer the contract or give any convenience for you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Agencies, contractors/sub-contractors and/or service providers for their implementation and procedures, for example, carriers, food ordering and delivery service providers, document storage and destruction service providers, printing house, marketing agency, IT development and maintenance service providers, auditors, lawyers, tax and legal advisors, and any consultants;
- Government authorities, supervisory authorities or other authorities as stipulated by laws, including competent officials;
- Insurance companies;
- Our business partners or other third parties as per your consent or relevant contractual requirements or legal requirements, as the case may be.
- The assignee of the rights, duties, and any benefits from the Company, including any persons who are assigned by the aforesaid assignee to act on its behalf, for example, in the case of organizational restructuring, merger or acquisition, etc.
When disclosing your personal information to third parties or our affiliated companies within the country, the company will ensure that the company or other organizations that receive your personal information will have an adequate data protection standard in order to prevent any damage that may arises. If any disclosure of personal information requires consent, the Company will proceed with obtaining consent prior to such disclosure.
SENDING OR TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OVERSEAS
RETENTION PERIOD OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to the following rights under the PDPA:
|Data Subject’s Rights
|1. Right of access
|You have a right to get access and obtain a copy of your personal information that we hold about you, or you may ask us to disclose the sources of where we obtained your information that you haven’t given consent. The Company will send such copy to you within 30 days upon obtaining your request. In certain cases, the Company may request additional information in order to confirm your identity and your rights as part of our security measures.
|2. Right to data portability
|You have a right to request us to automatically transfer your personal information to other persons, and request to see the personal information that we have transferred to other persons, unless it is impossible due to technical circumstances.
|3. Right to object the processing of your information
You have a right to object to collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time, for example, if it is under the following circumstances:
|4. Right to erasure
You have a right to request us to delete, destroy or anonymize your personal information in the following circumstances where:
|5. Right to restrict the processing of your information
You have a right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information in the following circumstances when:
|6. Right to withdraw consent
You may withdraw your consent at any time, unless it is restricted by law, or the contract which gives benefits to you.
However, the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the processing of personal information you have already given consent legally.
|7. Right to rectification
|You have a right to rectify inaccurate personal information in order to make it accurate, up-to-date, complete and not misleading. If the Company rejects your request, the Company will record such rejection with reasons.
|8. Right to lodge a complaint
|You will have the right to make a complaint in the case of where the Company, the data processor including the employees and employers of the Company do not comply with the PDPA or other notifications issued under the PDPA.
Under the PDPA, If you have any questions or would like to exercise any rights relating to your personal information, please submit your request via www.makro.co.th on exercise your right under the PDPA topics or contact the public relation officer at the branch or via call center tel. 1432 every day between 06:00-24:00 hours.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the event that the personal information you have provided has changed, you must notify the Company of such update or edit the provided personal information so that your personal information is always accurate and up-to-date. If any of your personal information is incorrect, it may affect the service provision of the Company and the Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur to you or the third party as a result of your failure to correct or update your personal information to be accurate in any way.
SECURITY MEASURES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company will send information about products or marketing information to you from time to time if you have expressed your intention to the subscription to receive the information via our newsletters, telephone, email, or other communication channels. However, you can cancel such subscription by made change via www.makro.co.th at Consent Preference.
COOKIES PROGRAM AND TEACHNICAL INFORMATION
Cookies program will be sent to your web browser or to your device when you visit the website or check for messages. This program will collect information about website usage behavior and when you ordered other products. In addition, it includes technical information that is username, password, interests, setting preferences, IP address, login information, browser type, browser version, time and date setting, connection setting, operation and platform system and other technology on your devices where you sign in into our system.
Adherence to such information, the program assists the Company to contact and remember your browser or device, which will facilitate the use of the website. If you have no demand to use the cookies program, you can reject installation of such program. However, refusing to use this cookie program may affect the use of our website or online services, or this may make it difficult for you to order products from the Company due to insufficient information, or the Company may require time to request for additional information. (if any)
You can learn more about our cookies program in our Cookies Policy at [https://www.makro.co.th/en/cookies-policy]
REDIRECTING TO OTHER PARTY’S WEBSITES
INCIDENT AND BREACH
In case of incident and breach of personal data occur, the Company determine the channels to report or direct to DPO promptly at
Tel: 02-067-9700 every Monday to Friday during 08.00-18.00 hours
If you have any comments, suggestions, questions or want to make a complaint regarding your personal information, please contact us at:
CP Axtra Public Company Limited
Address: 1468 Phatthanakan Road, Phatthanakan, Suan Luang, Bangkok 10250
Tel: 02-779-9955 every Monday to Friday during 08.00-18.00 hours
Data Protection Officer
Address: 1468 Phatthanakan Road, Phatthanakan, Suan Luang, Bangkok 10250